Share the World is a free educational program designed to help your elementary school students develop respect and compassion for all living beings.
This program is designed for use by students in grades 3-5 in the language arts, science, social studies, and humane education curricula.
Share the World is designed to accomplish the following objectives:
Enhance students' understanding that animals are living, feeling beings to be treated with respect and compassion.
Assist students in recognizing that animals often experience the same needs and feelings that we do.
Enable students to appreciate the amazing characteristics and abilities of animals.
Help students understand how humans' regard for animals has changed and developed as their knowledge of animals has increased.
Aid students in recognizing how the once-pervasive use of animals is being replaced, thanks to increased understanding and technological developments.
1. Four reproducible activity masters to be photocopied as student worksheets.
2. A reading unit consisting of adaptions from four true animal stories.
3. A teacher's guide that includes:
a statement of objectives;
introductions, presentation suggestions, and model answers for each activity; and
follow-up and extended activity suggestions to expand the program's scope.
4. A full-color wall poster to display in your classroom as a motivational tool.
5. A response card for your comments.
Please return this card to ensure that you'll receive future free programs.